Monday, August 13, 2012

Hada Labo Advertorial

I have terrible skin.

I’m not talking about occasional zits or breakouts. I’m talkin’ open enlarged pores with active oil secretion, pimple bumps and dry patches all year round. All day, every day. It doesn’t get better than this, does it?

For unfortunate people like me, finding the right skin product that won’t clog pores or aggravate the situation is critical. It’s almost rocket science, really.




I was pleasantly surprised and delighted to get sponsored 2 products from Hada Labo – a Japanese skin care brand known for its effective moisturizing properties without the usual problem of overly-rich pore clogging ingredients that so many other moisturizers have.


First up..



The Hada Labo SHA Moisturizing Eye Cream!




There is a stigma that often comes with the word ‘cream’. People often perceive creams to be rich and sticky and often oily, but this product is surprisingly light and refreshing and definitely doesn’t leave an oily film behind. Application is smooth and revitalizing – i especially love applying this in the mornings to wake me up (because we’re all in permanent zombie modes in the mornings, admit it).




I’ve been a victim of a couple of other eye creams that gave me oil seeds around my eyes due to overly heavy consistencies, but I’ve been using this product for about a week and I have no complaints thus far. My peepers have never thanked me enough! It’s also crucial to use eye creams that aren’t too oily to prevent your makeup from sliding off your face throughout the day.

The SHA Moisturizing Eye Cream contains ACTIFLOW, which lightens dark circles and reduces puffiness by stimulating microcirculation.

And now on to the star product of this post.. The Hada Labo SHA Hydrating Lotion!



As previously mentioned, my skin is a nightmare. And nightmares need to be soothed gently. Which is why the SHA Hydration Lotion is a godsend due to its gentle moisturizing properties that, like the Eye Cream, is light and refreshing enough to deliver hydration without leaving sticky heavy residues.

One of the biggest mistakes a girl can make in her skincare regime is to use moisturizers that are too rich (which I’ve nagged about repeatedly). I made the mistake of using a thick cream from Khiel’s a few years back and it gave me a mess of large oil seeds that ARE STILL ON MY FACE because I don’t believe in facials, thus I have no means to get rid of them (save from poking them with a needle myself, which I will get round to doing.. Eventually).




The Hada Labo SHA Hydrating Lotion has a surprisingly light consistency and leaves my skin feeling soft and supple for hours after application. It effectively hydrates my dry flaky areas (around the nose and sides of my face) while keeping my T-Zone shine-free. So all you people with combination skin, you should run out and get this product, PRONTO.




This new and improved version boasts of Nano Hyaluronic Acid ingredients that translates to tiny molecules that encourages easier penetration for better moisturizing effects. What is Hyaluronic Acid, you ask?

Fret not. I will educate you, for I am the queen of general knowledge.

Hyaluronan (also called hyaluronic acid or hyaluronate or HA) is an anionic, nonsulfated glycosaminoglycan distributed widely throughout connective, epithelial, and neural tissues. It is unique among glycosaminoglycans in that it is nonsulfated, forms in the plasma membrane instead of the Golgi, and can be very large, with its molecular weight often reaching the millions.

Directly lifted from Wikipedia. Haha. Yes, I am a cheat and a fraud.

It is completely impossible to understand that chunk of information if you’re not a biology student, so let me break it down for you. Lack of hyaluronic acid causes the loss of elasticity in skin, and lack of elasticity causes wrinkles and saggy skin. So by replenishing hyaluronic acid in your body, you effectively help slow down the aging process and give your skin a healthier, youthful glow!

Which is perhaps the very reason why aesthetic clinics promote the use of hyaluronic acid fillers for to smooth out wrinkles instead of botox nowadays.



Hada Labo products are available at all Watsons stores, islandwide.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will kisslocke be in any retail shops? Would like to try the wedges before getting them. Was afraid that it'd be too high for me hehe thanks :)

Beat said...

Hi! You can come on down to Kisslocke's warehouse sale at Scape on Saturday - we will be having some shoes for sale and you can try them out to get an idea of how our shoes fit!

Event link: http://www.facebook.com/events/277317572382402/

Anonymous said...

blogs and forums to visit concerning tumblr
http://generationglove.com/content/contemplating-no-hassle-secrets-intended-comparatif-mutuelle
http://www.gocrew.net/node/2128
http://www.notonfire.com/node/40321