Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lip Pure Advertorial

Hands up, all of you who suffer from dry lips!

I am, sadly, one of them victims with the misfortune of suffering from terribly dry lips. They don’t dry up till they crack though – I know some people who often get cracked lips. Absolute nightmare, I would think.

My lips aren’t exceptionally dry, but they do get flaky if I don’t keep them moisturized, especially in air-conditioned environments.

And my lips are very sensitive. Which brings me to a story on how I once got an infection on my lips from kissing a stray cat.

This happened a couple of months back. I was at my friend’s condo and there was a cute cuddly cat wandering around, looking lonely. So being the affectionate person I am, I picked up the kitty and kissed it all over for a while.

And then I woke up with rashes all over my lips the next morning.

Imagine the horror I felt when I looked into the mirror and saw a mess of peeling flakes all over my mouth. Aesthetics aside, it itched like a bitch. It was pure torture. I couldn’t leave my house for a week for fear of people mistaking my lip rashes as.. I don’t know. Rabies? Or HERPES!? Hahahaha.

So anywayyy. I slowly nursed my lips back to their soft, plump, smooth and luscious health by religiously slathering a moisturizing lip balm from Mentholatum on them every single day!

So imagine my delight when they sponsored me with these two lip items.. I was like:




YAY.

It’s great to receive products you already are a fan of!



I wore a brightly coloured top from Kisslocke (will be launched in the next collection) because the colours reminded me of the citrusy hues of the Mentholatum packaging!

So listen up if you, like me, have sensitive and dry lips – Mentholatum’s Lip Pure range of lip products boast of 100% food grade natural ingredients with gentle Beeswax formulation. For the uninitiated, Beeswax is a natural wax produced in the bee hive of honey bees of the genus Apis.



They also Contain Shea Butter Oil, Almond Oil, Aloe Vera Extract and Jojoba Oil to fully protect and moisturize lips, and are full of Vitamin E and Grape Seed Oil to help maintain youthful, soft and plump puckers.



So it’s all natural goodness! I make it a point to avoid chemicals as much as possible – be it in my cosmetics and skincare products or food. Natural is the way to go, and this is a mantra I continuously chant to myself on a daily basis. It does wonders for your health.

And Mentholatum’s Lip Pure products are the ultimate representation of ‘natural’ as they contain no preservatives or colorants. At all. None. Zilch.




I personally love a full lip and because I can’t currently splurge a thousand bucks on fillers, I’d settle for gloss to pump up the volume. The Lip Pure Honey Lemon lip Gel works like a dream – the application is smooth and slick and the result is instantaneous: I immediately have lusciously smexy puckaroos. Look at how shiny they are!



And don’t worry about stickiness – these lip gels are mad comfortable. I literally had hair flying into my face all day and it never once got caught on my lips. Amazing, right?



And because I’m obsessive and compulsive, I try to avoid lip products that aren’t sanitary – especially glosses that dispense in a dip applicator format, i.e. the picture below:



These are unhygienic cos you would be double-dipping the applicator into the gloss tube after application, and newsflash: your skin and lips actually have tons of bacteria on them. Especially after drinking and eating in public cos utensils are filthy. So I really like the clean dispensing style of Mentholatum’s lip gel – you simply squeeze out your desired amount with NO backflow or double dipping! If you’d like to take kiasu-ness to the next level, you can even squeeze out the gel onto your finger instead of directly on your lips.

The transparent lip balm was also effective in keeping my lips moisturized and supple for about 3 hours before re-application was neccessary.

The Mentholatum Lip Pure Series comes in 3 variants: Orange, Fragrance Free and Honey Lemon. Each of these handy tubes retails for a mere $7.90, and you can get your hands on one at any drugstore islandwide (think Watsons, Guardian and supermarkets). I’m ending off with a big-ass picture of my glossed-up lips, just because.



Goodnight!

Disclaimer: Pictures for this advertorial were not photoshopped at all to truly depict the result of the products after use. My skin really isn't that phenomenal in real life. It looks blemish-free in these photos cos I used the 'beauty' and 'portrait' function in my compact camera. Ha ha. Cheater.

No comments: