Sunday, April 22, 2012

Spag top from Supre
Swing Culottes from KISSLOCKE (currently in production, will be in the webstore by May!)
Red Champagne Scarf from KISSLOCKE
Soft Butter Leather Clutch from KNIGHTINGALE
Wedges from KNIGHTINGALE (website still under construction, will go live soon!!)



Went down to Bugis Street the other day cos my friends wanted to shop. Haven't been there for the longest time. This is THE haven for the budget conscious. I saw 8$ dresses that weren't hideous. NoIamNotKidding.

Haiii Alethea~

Candy pop coloured bags!
Whimsical Enamel Rings! Caught sight of this gorgeous poofy lurex dress. Looks great on a hanger but I doubt many girls can pull this design off. Shoes.. *Ahem ugly ones* More rings! Fking cheap, 2$ only. Practically free! There is no way anyone can eat their way through this solid block of sugar. Remember these pick 'n' mix gummies that used to be all over 7-Eleven and Mini Toons stores!? They still have it at bugis! Mad expensive though. Joce bought a small bag for 10$. 10 freakin' dollars for SWEETS. Sweets disguised as rocks! Hello, cute rings! Marc Jacobs enamel ring, random ruby ring from Thailand, Elmo and Union Jack button rings! All in the same colour family. Totally digging blush coloured shit now. Congregation of rings on all our fingers. lolol. Quite a lot. We are compulsive. Caught mid speech. This is my pervy lup sup face! Nomnomnomnomnomnommmm~

So I woke up today at 2.00pm and decided, due to my unmitigated laziness, that I would stay home tonight. And attempt to clear the mountain load of work I seem to ALWAYS have while watching Criminal Minds yet again. I don’t know why I insist on watching episode after episode of Criminal Minds when it freaks me out so badly. Just the other night I was thoroughly convinced that someone was attempting to break into my house.

This is how the story goes.

It was about.. 2am in the morning when I thought I heard a noise downstairs. I opened my room window and stuck my head out as far as it would go to see if there was anybody trying to open my front door downstairs. After almost falling out of my window and to my death, I decided that a much easier way to would be to hide at the top of my staircase and peer at the front door.

And so I did. After sitting in the darkness and peeking at the front door for a good 3 minutes.. I convinced myself that my mind was playing tricks on me.

So I returned to my room and watched Gossip Girl instead. What better way to take your mind off crazy axe murderers than with indulgent frivolous tv programmes?

But juuuuust when Blair and Dan were about to get it on, I heard a creak downstairs. I froze in my seat, with my senses immediately heightened. At that moment, I tried very hard to remember how people usually act in horror movies and made the mental note NOT TO ACT THE SAME WAY / DO THE SAME THINGS.

I.e. in horror movies:

1) When people hear unidentified noises, what do they do? They always walk straight to the source of the noise in the pitch black darkness and proceed to get killed. Intelligent? I don’t think so. Human instinct teaches you to run the fuck away when confronted with a noise, right?!

2) When people hear unidentified noises, they seem to think the crazy axe murder would be inclined to reply to their question of ‘is anybody there?’ with a hearty ‘hey hi! It’s me, the crazy axe murderer! Just so you know, I’m here to kill ya! Happy day!’

Why do they do that?! Human instinct, once again, teaches you to shut the fuck up and freeze so as to not be located by the predator! People in movies are complete morons.

Back to my story. Being the timid scaredy cat that I was, I weighed my options. I could either arm myself with a sharp instrument, switch on all the lights and look for the noise, or I could run to my parents’ or sister’s room and seek refuge there. After all, human company makes everything a little less scary.

The fearful little pussycat in me only needed a split second of consideration before leaping out of my chair and running straight to my parents’ room. I proceeded to sit there, playing games on my mother’s iphone for an entire hour till my mother woke up and assured me that I was ‘crazy’ and to ‘go to sleep’.

Feeling rather miffed at being brushed off, I returned to my room and tried to convince myself that with 3 locks on my main door, it would likely be dawn before any burglar / murder would be able to find his way into my house. Comforted with this idea, I snuggled into my blankets and was almost asleep when I thought I heard another creak downstairs.

There was no stopping me this time.

I grabbed hold of my mattress and with a sudden surge of super strength and adrenaline, singlehandedly hauled it over to my parents’ room within 5 seconds and laid there, quivering in fear while silently chanting the rosary. ‘Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you.. PLEASE PROTECT ME, MOTHER MARY! PLEASE!!!’

I vaguely remember my mother waking up in the middle of the night to use the washroom, and nonchalantly stepping over my semi-sleeping body without batting an eyelid. It really is quite sad when a mother doesn’t question why her 23 year old daughter is sleeping in her room. This must be the result of being accustomed to having a raging lunatic as an offspring.

I awoke the next day to find myself intact and still very much alive.

What a complete waste of energy. Damn these crime scriptwriters.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow your skin looks so good!

dawn chai said...

You are really entertaining babe, continue writing!

Beat said...

My skin really isn't great in real life - it just so happens that my camera has a soft focus mode and that helps diminish any imperfections on stills!

Beat said...

Thank you for your kind words, Dawn! (:

Anonymous said...

Bahahah Beat! I miss your silly antics! Hope all is well. Jennifer N here by the way :)