Friday, April 20, 2012

One of the most annoying things that can possibly happen to a complete vainpot like myself is discovering that I’ve run out of makeup JUST when I’m about to do up my face for a night out. I remember running out of blusher once. I had to pinch and slap my face silly to get some colour in. Trust me, inflicting pain on yourself for the sake of vanity is not fun. At all.

Soooo right, I make it a point to buy my makeup products in bulk.

I know this sounds extreme, but if you happen to be a complete cosmetic whore like myself, bulk purchasing is both convenient and economic because, yanno, price drops when quantity increases.

These are some of the essential cosmetic products I’ve acquired in bulk amounts recently.

 

Excuse the off-season christmas icons raining across the pictures - I recently discovered these adorable effects in my webcam programme and I can't keep away from them! Heeheeh~

Eyelid fibre from ShopOnBlog.com – MUCH BETTER THAN EYELID TAPE. I don’t get why people still use eyelid tape.. It’s disgustingly obvious. I guess some people find eyelid fibre hard to use but that’s no excuse. Waking up in the morning is hard too, but we’ve all learnt to do it, haven’t we?

 

Mineral Loose Powder from Everyday Minerals. I bought 5 boxes at one go, because I’m kiasu. Lolol. And they gave me free shit for purchasing more than $80 worth of products! WHO DOESN’T LOVE FREE SHIT?



Eyelashes from SgLady. Yanno, back when I was 21 years old, I used to scoff at girls who wore fake eyelashes. I thought they were vain beyond measure. Like, how obsessed with beauty do you have to be to stick spidery hair things on your eyes?! Aren’t they uncomfortable?! And they look ridiculous!

But thennnnn, as I grew older, I got (sadly) vainer. I caved to the pressures of society (in this sense, society constitutes Michelle Phan’s makeup videos. She’s a makeup guru on YouTube with Rice Bunny as her screen name, go google.) (Though if you haven’t heard of her yet, you probably live under a freakin’ rock. You may not even know how to use The Internet.) (Which makes me wonder how you found your way here..)

Going off tangent again.

So, right. I discovered the joy of false eyelashes a few months back and I was sold . I’m not exaggerating when I say they make my eyes look at least 20% bigger than they actually are. Because deceit is all the rage now, isn’t it?

I got these boxes of lashes from SgLady.com – at $2.90 per box. Freakin’ $2.90! As opposed to lashes from Dollywink that go at, what, $16 per pair?! That’s a ridiculously steep price to pay for spindly little lashes. I could eat chicken rice, buy a drink AND watch a movie with $16. And still have cash leftover.

At $2.90 per box, each pair of lashes works out to 29 cents. Which basically isn’t money, so your lashes are technically free. Good job, SgLady. You have gained a loyal patron AND free publicity. One downside is that my lashes got kinda squashed in the mail so.. People, you might wanna opt for registered postage when purchasing instead of being cheap like me.



Recent other cosmetic acquisitions: New smokey shadow palette, mineral bronzer and gel eyeliner! Legitimately cannot survive without these essentials.

Okay, ending off with some shameless camwhore pictures of myself. I recently discovered the joy of cutesey effects on my webcam.

NOMNOMNOM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do we know which design to choose for the eyelash? which one do you recommend?

Beat said...

It really depends on personal preference. I bought a few different designs, ranging from thin and natural to thick and party-worthy. Since it's so cheap, you can afford to experiment and buy more!