Thursday, April 5, 2012

Poptart photos!

I love putting up stupid photos of people..



Stupid hand gesture #1

Stupid hand gesture #2

Stupid hand gesture #3







I like how Nik is always lurking at the back somewhere.. Like a ninja.

Drunk already


Marcus "THE FUCK, BEAT!?"
Me "Shut up and go away."

Marcus "THIS BITCH!"

Brendan "Look! I am capable of stupid hand gestures too!"

Rebekah "ME TOO!"

Not sure what kind of action Miguel is trying to achieve here..

Stupid hand gestures #3

This is the one monthly event that my friends and I make a point to never miss. The music is just.. Phenomenal. I am aware that you can get most of the songs off Youtube any given day but the combination of lights + people + a nicely buzzed state + kick-ass music = PHOARRRR.

With my exams approaching and the current Holy Week’s arrival (it’s Good Friday tomorrow, yo), I’ve decided to hit the books and stay away from unnecessary merrymaking this week. No to liver-abusing liquid consumption and no to dancing the nights away. Yes to sitting at Starbucks perusing my notes for hours on end and yes to caffeine overload.

If you’re like me and tend to get easily distracted, doing mundane daily activities like eating, showering, changing clothes and travelling are nothing short of a torture. I kid you not. When I sit down at the dining table for a meal, my brain literally bleeds from the lack of stimulating activity, and my hands tremble while I froth at my mouth and vibrate from fits. I kid you not.........

So for all you other poor souls out there suffering from similar symptoms, I’ve put together a list of 5 interesting things you can do in the shower (one of the many mundane things we unfortunately HAVE to participate in everyday) to lessen the burden of absolute monotony.

1) Practice your Singing

Because, obviously, you’re gonna become a superstar one day. And when that happens, (operative word here is WHEN, and not IF) you wouldn’t wanna disappoint your adoring public, right?

I speak from experience when I say that the bathroom has the best acoustics, ever. Something about the large empty space + echoey nature of the space + sound bouncing off smooth tile will make even a toad sound melodiously sweet. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve legitimately wondered why I haven’t yet been discovered by a voice talent scout while singing to myself in the bathroom.


2) Practice your Ice-Skating Skills

I feel the need to emphasize that you should only attempt this if you’ve either
a) got a really high threshold for pain
b) welcome the idea of broken limbs or
c) enjoy seeing your own blood mixed with water on white bathroom tile

Anyone who has ever went to the ice-skating rink at Jurong would know that there is very little difference between strapping ice skates to your feet and gliding around the ice, and sliding around smooth wet bathroom tile on your bare feet. The only substantial difference is that you’d probably be fully clothed with knee and elbow guards while ice-skating, as opposed to being completely naked and vulnerable while bathroom-sliding. Which, of course, explains points a, b and c above.


3) Practice your Snow-Sledding Skills

This is very similar to the above Ice-Skating activity, except that in this scenario, you sit your butt down on the wet tile and slide around instead. This is significantly less dangerous and you’d probably be less prone to breaking your bones or having a concussion, but it is still a rather hazardous pastime.. And butt-burn is a very real possibility.

Engage in this activity prior to the Ice-Skating one to get used to the friction (or lack of it) before attempting the more IMBA version on your feet.


4) So You Think You Can Dance?

Set your ipod down on the toilet bowl, play your dance hits at top volume and shimmy your bum to the music while flicking your hair under a steady stream of water.



This does amazing things to your self-esteem when you imagine yourself as Anastasia or as some gorgeous bitch from Herbal Essences commercials.


5) Check Yourself Out
Fit a giant full-length mirror on the wall of your bathroom, stand in front of it butt naked and check yourself out while showering. Appreciate how kick-ass your body is. Thank the Lord for your cute little bum and perky boobs. Even if you may not actually have a fabulous figure, chanting the constant mantra “why hello, you sure are gorgeous!” into the mirror makes you believe it eventually.

Some people call it delusion, I call it My Happy Place. Look at it this way. You’re gonna meet a slew of haters + bitches throughout your life who will try to tear you down and insult every inch of your physical being, so why do that to yourself too? Fuck insecurity. Man the hell up and stop being a whiny lil bitch. Confidence is the key to getting everything you want in life. Affirmative.

It’s just like how Chace Crawford is actually my husband.
He just doesn’t know it yet.


There really isn’t a point to this post. Most of my entries don’t. Hmm. Goodbye now, I shall resume chocolate eating and project runway watching. Till next time!

3 comments:

Nik Stewart said...

yes, I AM A NINJA, you only captured me in those pictures cause I let you!

Nik Stewart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beat said...

haha NO. you need to stop hiding behind people. just cos you're short doesn't mean you have to be so shy.