Friday, November 25, 2011

Tuesday was spent stuffing my face with sinful food at pretentious places – I usually stay away from quaint little cafes with fanciful decor and names because, well, I really can’t be arsed to travel most of the time, and aforementioned quaint little cafes are commonly tucked into some inaccessible corner of our island. However, the tiny hipster-chick (as Nik would say) part of me called out for a trip to a fanciful connoisseur type coffee joint so I demanded that Nik take me someplace nice. And I can’t even type this with a straight face. Lolol.







We were trying to present a calm and composed face while attempting to contain fits of embarrassed laughter because a bunch of tourists were patiently standing at the side, watching us while waiting for the self-timer to snap our picture before they walked across. Mortifying much. lolol.


Bikini-Cut Cascading Dress: Kisslocke
Not launched yet - will be launching in the first week of December!



Anyway, we landed at this little cafe called Laurent something-or-other at Robertson Quay. I can’t recall the exact name now and I can’t be assed to google it. They’re famous for the soufflés but ironically neither of us ordered any. Nik ordered a tiny pitcher of lemonade that cost $9.50. For lemonade. See what I mean by pretentious!?

Upon reaching there, I realized that I had been there before – to that exact cafe. With J and friends sometime last year. I can distinctly recall that fateful day as I ended up tripping, falling and bleeding all in the span of 2 hours. I swear Robertson Quay is cursed. We (J and I) were walking along the stretch of restaurants. If you’ve been to Robertson Quay, you’ll know that the ground is uneven and cobbled with stone, grass and god knows what else. Coupled with me being half blind at night, I tripped at the entrance of a super crowded restaurant and fell flat on my face. And this is the best part – J laughed himself silly before picking me up and apologizing profusely. Freakin’ evil, right!?

And after finishing our dessert, J and I decided to go out for a smoke. Me, being half blind as mentioned before, failed to realize that just because a glass door is transparent, it doesn’t mean that it does not exist. I walked straight into it and hit my lip on the metal handle and bled for a good 10 minutes (while crying like a wuss). Good memories.

Ahem.



Back to my intentional story (I need to stop digressing). I had waffles with ice cream, chocolate sauce and raspberries. Look at the picture. It looks freakin’ fantastic.. Save for the fact that I had zero appetite after. We met up with Alethea for dinner at Bella Pizza where the food was meh and service staff was pushy.





I know this is unrelated but I feel the need to mention that I won 7 games of Monopoly Deal in a row. Heh. Humble, I is not.

PS: Against my innate lazy tendency, I googled the name of the little cafe and here it is: Laurent Bernard Chocolatier.
You might wanna pay the place a visit - it isn't half bad, actually.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've been there too, its a great little cafe! expensive thou

Beat said...

Yeah, it is! But it's pretty much expected.