Friday, November 11, 2011



The M Man's Brownie Liverpool Cake~


Multicoloured Paintstroke Tunic from F21! (that's me on the left.. in case you don't already know. In which case, you should shoot yourself.)


Baby says, 'say whaaaat?'



Two gorgeous bitches.


Colgate advert.









Doesn't this shot of Brendan look like a still out of a movie?


M Man watching me chomp like a glutton.

So. I recently celebrated a birthday.

I wasn’t setting much store for my birthday this year. Couldn’t find a reason to be merry and couldn’t reach deep enough to pull out anything that would make me.. Genuinely happy. Also because M’s and my birthdays fall on the exact same day (I know right, what are the odds? He’s my ex boyf. Lolol.) and it’s his 21st this year, so I was more than happy to take the backseat this time. His party was pretty fabulous – a huge ass Liverpool brownie cake, pool splashing and dunking and cute babies. But I digress. Back to the story.

I was not excited about my birthday by any unit of measure. But I forgot that I’ve got amazing friends – an amazing array of friends who surprised me with not one, not two, but three birthday cakes in total!

On the eve of my birthday itself, I was traipsing home after a long day of school. After removing my makeup and screwing my hair into the world’s messiest and ugliest bun, Charmant appeared at my doorstep with a cake.

I was all, ‘ooh ohmygod thank you i love you’ and ‘this is such a surprise, I’m sorry I look terrible.

So we proceeded to go to my deck to hang out and play monopoly deal. Next thing I knew?

I was greeted with a chorus of ‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOOOOU!!!’ and I looked up to see an army comprising of Brendan, Joce, Brenda, Ale, Rebekah, Lucas and Michelle trudging up towards me, holding a chocolatey chocolate cake. Ahhh.

Of course my initial reaction was to cover my face because, as previously mentioned, I LOOKED TRAGIC. I was wearing spectacles and all my makeup had melted off my face already, mind you...

So naturally, exclamations of “I LOOK TRAGIC! OH MY GOD CHARMANT WHY DIDN’T YOU WARN ME THEY WERE COMING!?” and “YOU DON’T LOOK BAD LAH, STOP YOUR NONSENSE!” and “SHUT UP AND EAT YOUR CAKE” ensued.

And I got surprised with another cake the next day in school. A shout out to Oli, JX and PJ – You girls are the sweetest.

I do feel very loved and very appreciated.

In other news, all this talk about cake is making me crave some truffle blackforest from Coffee Bean. Off to the Gardens’ branch later to study through the night. GEEK SPECS ON!

No comments: