Wednesday, September 7, 2011


Vest top: Forever21
Waisted Shorts: Kisslocke
Spastic Rabbit Headband: Milly's





So.. I had a pretty alright weekend. Celebrated Bong’s and Marisse’s 21st birthdays on Saturday. Would have been a better night had I not fallen ill halfway. So I’m down with a mild fever, sore throat and I feel the onset of a cough approaching.. And a persistent headache that simply won’t take its leave.

I wrote the above on Monday morning but left it unfinished while dragging my sick and tired ass to the bed. It’s Thursday today.. Almost an entire week has passed. My onset of a cough has since transcended into a fully fledged hacking marathon with phlegm – the icing on my cake.

School’s been pretty okay. Better than I expected but there’s room for improvement, in more areas than one.

So lately I’ve been thinking about the extent to which an individual is actually governed by morals and principles. I’m sure each of us would have a couple of beliefs we try to stick to, but how adamant are we, really, to live by our rules? Would we compromise our values if a situation calls for it? Would we ignore our nagging conscience out of greed? Would we simply do as we please because at the end of the day.. We’re all innately selfish?

It’s a scary thought. Every man for himself. We’ve been brought up with this philosophy since young. Kids nowadays won’t give a second thought about throwing a friend behind them in their rush for the finish line. Colleagues won’t hesitate to throw someone else under the bus to save their own skins.

Is this what the human race has become? Inherently self-centred, cunning and impassive to the plight of others? You would think as society progresses, its people would strive to be more than simply shells..

Too much cruelty in the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well crafted post Beatrice!! You have a flair for writing that's really unique :) A lot of food for thought...

Beat said...

Thank you! It really makes my day when people tell me they appreciate my writing. *smiles to myself like an idiot