Wednesday, July 6, 2011

So.. Another week has passed!

The good news is that I am now physically capable of stepping into the outside world without my insides crumbling up and dying from exposure to potential bacteria and germ overload. The bad news is - My face itches like a family of mosquitos just took a camping trip on it thanks to my allergic reaction to my medication.

Complaints about my physical torment aside, I have since moved on to stage 2 of my personal post-breakup syndrome: periodic bouts of intense borderline depression.
I could be happily prancing around the house or laughing like a yeehaw at the TV and the next minute I’d be sitting on the toilet seat staring into space with my mind racing at 6000 miles per second.

I can't even begin to put my thoughts and emotions into words and I can't really be assed to explain how I feel because, well, mere words can’t begin to fully express what the human mind and heart can think and feel.

Moving on to happier topics, Kisslocke participated in a collaborated event, Fashion Fray, last Sunday. We had the opportunity to work with other online webstores like TresLoveChic and Dressabelle, the owners of which were real sweet and gorgeous! I hate going into mechanics, but essentially we provided products from our store for our models to engage in a reality TV based styling competition. I'll post the video and link the TV channel up when the video goes live. Anyway, we had the chance to meet some fabulous models and hosts and trust me when I say it feels fucking satisfying when models look drop dead stunning in our clothes! It makes me feel DAMNNNN GOOD. *booty shake*



The lovely Colette looking dazzlingly beautiful in one of our gowns.



Andrea in our winning bustier fishtail gown looking like a million dollars, if I say so myself.



Pearlyn in one of my personal favourite dresses (I've got 3 of these in different colours – I know right, how imaginative.. Not.) looking positively resplendent.












Jennifer in our Alexander Wang inspired one-shoulder dress!







All in all, I had a pretty good weekend. Looking forward to this one.. Hopefully I'll finally be able to consume alcohol and go a little batshit crazy. I'm in dire need of some therapy now. I can't believe my friends are actually giving me license to lead a (period of) unmitigated self-indulgent lifestyle but I really don't want another episode of the year 2008/2009 catastrophe. Somehow, the things that once appealed to my youth no longer seem important. I no longer wish to engage in hedonistic and shallow acts that will undoubtedly leave me feeling hollow and empty at the end of the day. There is so, so much more to life than that.

Big bang theory calls. GOODYBYE.

Oh before I go, new arrivals up at Kisslocke!



We've got a host of lightweight breezy tops in cooling summer materials, a Helmut Lang inspired asymmetrical tunic, a girly chiffon empire waist dress, party-worthy bodycon dresses in luxe spandex jersey blends and a Dior inspired wrap dress in Chreme Nude - Perfect for work or as a cover-up!

Annnnd we're giving away a Love Moschino Red Hot Kiss Clutch bag for the highest spender this month, so HESITATE NO MORE! Get shopping! Clickity Click~

Ooh Jon just called, asking me to choose between Zouk or Butter this Friday. It's his birthday! I opted for Zouk, of course. And apparently you need to spend at least a grand to secure the VIP table at butter so I'm like whuuuuut? Insanity. Do you know how fucking cheap the production of alcohol really is?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi beat!

You need to come back and model your clothes! The current can't pull off the look the way you do! :)

Beat said...

I'm currently still on sick leave so I got a Irish (the model) to stand in for me. I think she looks pretty sweet, actually!

But thanks for the feedback, I may resume modelling when I recover. (: