Sunday, July 10, 2011

Happy 21st, Jellysprinkles!

Every night I go to bed with thoughts brimming in my mind, threatening to overflow and burst out in the form of tears. Whenever I come back to this space to pour out my feelings in a bid to feel better, all I draw up is a blank. I've never had a problem with expressing myself through words, yet this time.. I'm so tired, so weary, that writing every thought and emotion feels like a daunting prospect. I have neither the energy nor the emotional capacity to acknowledge these feelings all over again. Sweeping everything under the carpet to deal with at a later stage has always been my reactive mechanism. One that is truly unhealthy, yet seemingly the easiest option.





I had a pretty good weekend. Zouk on Friday for Jon's birthday, champagne and sour plum shots had me sitting in a nicely buzzed state for most of the night. By the way, the cushioned seats at members' fucking stink of rancid food and rotting vomit. It's a huge offence to my poor nostrils and everytime I lean back, I imagine all sorts of diseases and bacteria diffusing into my skin.


















Jen's 21st birthday celebration on Saturday was a fantastic success – Think multicoloured candy strewn everywhere and vibrantly coloured decorations all over the place. I haven't seen anyone put THIS much effort into decorating. The theme of her party was Candy Land, so we all turned up in washes of bright colours and the guys had M&M chocolate cardboard costumes! Super cute and adorable!

I'm pretty sad that Jen's leaving for Aussie again.. I hate it when friends depart for overseas education expeditions. Sometimes I worry that they may never return.

And oh oh! How's my new haircut?!
I haven't had my hair this short in like.. 3 or 4 years?
People say I look like cleopatra which is totally NOT the look I was going for. I was envisioning more of a.. Bob styled pixie cut. Haha. Mega fail~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

beatrice! your new haircut makes you look so much younger, ultra qt ^^

Beat said...

Hehee thank you! I feel so liberated! :D

Anonymous said...

You look pretty in this hair cut! Stay this way! A brand new look to start a brand new journey eh? :)

Beat said...

Yeah.. Kinda! It's so much easier to manage. Thanks! <3