Thursday, February 2, 2012

Helluuuu everybahdy!

I know I have been completely elusive (once again) despite promising to be more active (once again). I am aware that I am the laziest person in the universe and you should all shoot me in the head (once again).

I beg your forgiveness.
Moving on.

The reason why I haven’t been around this space much is because I’ve been trying to:

1) Deal with the multitude of shit that keeps getting thrown my way
2) Balance work, school and shit-dealing activities in my personal life
3) Stay sane

I don’t wanna transcend into one of them whiny girls who seem to think their sole existence revolves around btiching, crying and the perpetual use of the sentence, ‘Oh my gaaad. My life sucks!’

But, OH MY GAAAD. My life really does suck donkey balls. It’s as though the universe and all its omnipotent forces have come together to device a plan to Ruin My Life. This almighty force of nature, called The Universe, just keeps throwing shit my way. Everytime I manage to wipe the residual shit from the last throwing session off my face, a huge new lump comes my way.

It’s a vicious cycle, really.

But I apologize. I really should man the fuck up and stop whimpering like a lil’ bitch. Let us digress.

The Lunar New Year was a rather quiet occasion for me this year. Perhaps it was partially due to my sister absconding to a far-flung island and leaving me alone to count my fingers and toes at gatherings with the relatives. Perhaps it was due to the lack of festive spirit in the air. Perhaps it was due to the lack of compulsive gambling. Essentially, this Chinese New Year wasn’t really a good one for me. Then again, as we grow older, a lot of celebratory occasions seem to lose their appeal and meaning.












Being completely bored on the first day of the Chinese New Year celebrations, I decided to hit Zouk up for Dash Berlin. I should stop getting drunk on days when these phenomenal guest DJs play because I will be COMPLETELY UNABLE TO ENJOY THE MUSIC. But my friends went crazy and ordered 10 freakin’ bottles of champagne and you know how champagne works - it’s so subtle that you won’t even know you’re tipsy till you’re completely tanked.

Thanks to my drunkenness, I ended up falling down on the stairs and I now have 2 hugeeee bruises as my trophies of the night. Thanks, friends. Thanks for making me pissed drunk.

In other news, I know I’ve made this proclamation before so it’s likely that nobody will believe me now, but this time, I’M FUCKING SERIOUS.

I, Beatrice Jazreel Ong, swear to give up on binge drinking. I’m deadly serious this time. I’m sick and tired of allowing myself to make bad decisions while under the influence of alcohol. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve done stupid things to hurt both myself and people I care about, and I guess it took something drastic to actually open my eyes. It’s as though logic and common sense cannot exist in my inebriated mind. All the inhibitions and rules of conduct and principles I’ve cultivated and stuck to my whole life go out of the window when I let liquor control my mind. So, fuck this. I’m growing the hell up and doing the right thing.

So friends who might be reading this, please refrain from offering me drinks when and if you see me at bars or clubs. I will sordidly refuse and this might come across rude. Ahhh.

Okay gots to go. Time for school!

No comments: