Sunday, August 21, 2011











I've always had a mild obsession with acquiring supernatural powers. I think it all stemmed from the day I picked up my first Harry Potter book and was enveloped in the arms of magical mystery. Hahaha. I remember researching if supernatural powers actually DO exist, at some point in my life.. And the answer is: Probably.

There can't be a definite answer – Everything in this field is mere guesswork, I suppose. But there are sources that seem to teach one how to go about acquiring these powers, yet science is adamant that everything can be explained through physics and theory. I agree with both, which makes me a very confused person indeed. So here's my take.

I believe that the energy that resides on earth can be harnessed to perform acts that common people will perceive as ‘supernatural’ or ‘magical’. After all, the law of conservation of energy states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; it can only be converted from one state to another. How then, do people actually take hold of this energy to do things that us normal humans can only dream of?

This is an intriguing field of study I've been itching to jump into, yet somehow a part of me feels like it might be against my religion to do so. After all, science and religion are often on opposing ends of the spectrum, and delving into supernatural elements will open doors to the unknown and probably lead to the discovery of alternate spiritual unfamiliarity – some that may even be dangerous.

I know my faith has deeper roots than anything else.. I guess just dwelling on groundless guesswork and believing in what I want to will have to be sufficient. After all, as Jesus rightfully said; Happy are those who do not see and yet believe.

On to fluffier topics, if I had the chance to acquire 3 magical powers, these are the ones I'd get:

1. The ability to read minds
2. Being a metamorphmagus - Being able to change the way I look whenever I want to! (you'd be amazed at the opportunities this power can present: I can transform into the president of the united states if I wanted)
3. Teleportation / apparition: I'd be able to transport myself to any place immediately thus NEVER being late again!

What would YOU want?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to be invisible and grant wishes!

Beat said...

like a genie?