Saturday, August 6, 2011









I know I haven't been around here much - Taking a leaf out of the conventional blogger template, I guess posts should always be accompanied by pictures because nobody likes reading pages and pages of me talking to myself, I would guess. I mean, that's what blogging really is about, isn't it? Having a monologue with the computer?

In other news, I'M OFFICIALLY EMBARKING ON MY UNIVERSITY EDUCATION THIS SEPTEMBER!!

And this time, I'm determined to get straight As. Which is completely achievable, as long as I keep my discipline. I will transcend into royal nerd #1. After all, nerds get the farthest in life.. I envision myself a multibillionaire with bank notes as toilet paper. Hahahahaha.

Anyway, I know I was supposed to do a NYX cosmetics review for the longest time but my innate slothiness has made me procrastinate thus far.






I would say that their best product (from what I've tested) has got to be their Jumbo Crayon Eye Pencils. These glide on smoothly and effortlessly, are super blendable and are highly pigmented. The colours are rich and intense, and aren't dry or cakey at all. Fabulous, really. And for just $6? Total steal!



The bronzer isn't half bad either. The powder is highly pigmented and pretty long lasting. Also, I've dropped the compact about 3 times on hard wood floor and the powder didn't even crack. Great for klutzes, like me. The only downside's that it isn't very blendable, so if you're heavy handed, you might end up with huge dark blotches all over. Not at all flattering.

The lipliner is pretty long lasting too! It glides on smoothly and when you match it with lip balm, it feels lightweight and moisturizing.




I do, however, have a huge problem with the liquid eyeliner. The brush is precise and pointed (chalk one point up for NYX) but the formula cracks and flakes off at times, and doesn't last as long as liquid eyeliners are supposed to. Also, the wand is too long for detailed application so novices, STAY AWAY FROM THIS WAND OF TERROR.

I've also recently tried the famous and much raved about K-Palette eyeliners. These eyeliners have been reviewed about a thousand times across make up blogs and forums and I had high expectations.. But after trying them out, I'd still say that MAC trumps all. EVERYONE. Everything. More on that another day.

I'm aware this has been an incredibly fluffy and bimbotic post. Oh well. *Flips hair*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! Maybe you could show us a vlog of you using the cosmetics!

Anonymous said...

what course will you be taking in Uni? And will you be going overseas? Sounds awesome! Stay motivated Beatrice :D

Beat said...

I'm sooo lazy to do vlogs! In addition, I have absolutely NO CLUE how to edit videos (despite spending 3 years in a Mass Communications course). Hahaha.

Beat said...

I'll be doing a degree and hopefully honours in Mass Communications! Thanks babe, your support really helps me and I fully appreciate it. (: