Tuesday, March 15, 2011


This is a close-up image of how horrific my skin really looks like. And this is AFTER my BB cream and powder.



A couple of you have been asking me on formspring on ways to match a cropped bralet top. This is how I do it! With a super high wasited skirt.
Cropped Bralet from Topshop, draped skirt from Kisslocke, briefcase bag from Valentino.


My 3am supper: three golden chocolate balls!

I for one have never believed in the bullshit drivel about 2012 being the end of time and the signs that may signal it. The movie that everyone's all hyped up about? Yeah, that's just marketing tosh. Playing on the fear of the unknown.. Clever publicity stunt.

What I do know for sure, though, is the upsurge of natural disasters that have been happening over the recent years. Any nobody, I repeat: Nobody deserves to experience the grief and loss that these victims had to undergo.

I saw a recent tweet on my twitter timeline (my friend retweeted it) that said ‘Why should we pray for Japan when they made us suffer for 3 years under the Japanese Occupation?’

To that I say, I feel sorry for you.

My initial reaction was disbelief and anger. How could anyone be as ignorant and ill-informed as this girl? You don’t open your mouth and spew rubbish and make yourself look all boorish and downright crass. The Japanese occupation happened years ago and yes, I’ll admit that the soldiers did some awful and inhumane stuff to our ancestors, legitimized by the Japanese government and ignored by the Japanese citizens. Yes, I admit that resentment may still exist in some of us who had families directly affected by the Japanese Occupation. But none of that justifies malicious feelings expressed towards victims of natural disasters. These are people who have lost their families, lost their homes, lost their entire lives and you can sit here on your little island gloating? What kind stupid, senseless creature are you?

I wrote an angst-riddled tweet about the subject matter, and received a text from Lucas saying this:

“You can't blame her, maybe her family was affected by the Japanese Occupation. We don’t know, some people are just like that – Selfish and ignorant, constantly living in the past and never seeing what's happening right at the moment and the seriousness of the situation. You should pity this girl instead, for not being able to look past old mistakes and at what’s happening right in front of her.”

To that, I say amen.

I shouldn't persecute her for being ignorant. I shouldn’t persecute her for being ill-informed. Instead, I feel sorry for her. Sorry for her inability to open her eyes and see, open her mind and understand. I feel sorry for the future of our generation: That (some of) our youths can be so sadly myopic, always dwelling in the self-gratifying lifestyle, always seeking hedonistic fulfilment and never seeking to understand the things that are happening right under their very noses. I'll readily admit that I was once like that, and I do still enjoy the occasional relapse now and then - But I ensure that I think before I speak and keep abreast with current affairs and with that, I shall end this expose in peace.

In other news, if everything works out according to plan, I'd be the head stylist for an independent film by an ex MTV VJ this weekend! So stoked so stoked so stoked and jittery with excitement. ^_^

2 comments:

mizcharm said...

dumb fuck bitch is dumb.

LOVE, SEX, MAGIC. said...

I KNOW RIGHT!? I wanna slap her and go "LADY! WHAT U THINKING!?"